Check out what's new in the shop this week!
- Allagash Curieux -- Bourbon Barrel aged ale
- Hardywood Peach Tripel
- Narragansett Shandy
- Fairwinds Quayside Kolsch
- D9 Cape Canaveral Strong Sour Ale
- D9 Pearadox
- Crazy Mountain La Resistance -- Sour Ale with Pink Himalyan Sal
- Upland Cursed Kettles
- Upland Hopsynth
- nv Avissi Prosecco di Treviso (Italy / Veneto) $5.99 187ml – Tiny prosecco just in time for picnic season! The name is a play on how the bursting bubbles sound in the glass. Barely pale yellow in color, but had a sweet, fruity scent, like apples and honey. This wine is very refreshing with hints of melon, and a savory undertone of white pepper on the finish.
- nv Pamplemousse (France) $8.99 – It's a rosé that is mixed with grapefruit juice. And I know what you're thinking, and so did we...before we tried it. But it's all the rage in France and actually refreshing and delicious. Have it with brunch or at Wolftrap, you will come back and buy several more bottles. Trust us.
- 2016 Domaine de la Begude Bandol Rosé (France / Provence / Bandol) $23.99 – The Bandol is finally here, make room for the biggest bruiser of the season! With 60% Mourvèdre, this blend is rich and spicy. It has great acidity, still fresh, and accented by red and citrus fruits. Minerality and an herbal element come from the garrigue that surrounds the vines.
- 2014 Viña Tarapacá Cabernet Sauvignon Gran Reserva Etiqueta Negra (Chile / Maipo Valley) $35.99 – Intense cherry, cassis, succulent herb, and licorice aromas are energized by zesty minerality and a subtle floral nuance. Deep-pitched cherry and black currant flavors expand and become livelier with aeration, picking up a hint of toasty oak spice and showing very good clarity. Finishes chewy, sweet and long, featuring dusty, firming tannins, and a lingering suggestion of cherry compote..
- 2015 Jean-Michel Guillon Bourgogne Blanc (France / Burgundy) $28.99 – It’s audacious to plant Chardonnay right in the middle of the world-famous Pinot Noir vineyard of Gevrey-Chambertin. But that’s just what Jean-Michel Guillon does. Aromas of golden stone fruit, hazelnut, lemon, fresh butter and mint soar from the glass. On the palate, there’s a richness to the bold flavors of lemon curd, fresh peach, apple, and butter-toasted nut. The flavors fan out and then snap back into tight focus on a salty-stone, peach, lemon custard and fresh mint finish that sails on and on.
- 2015 Domaine Plantevin Cuvée Le Pérussier (France / Côtes du Rhône) $15.99 – An excellent blend of 60% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 10% Carignan, and 10% Cinsault that was raised all in stainless steel. Possessing beautiful ripeness in its raspberries, wild strawberries, crushed flowers and spice-laced bouquet, this beauty is medium-bodied, supple and silky on the palate, with lots of personality.
- 2015 Domaine d'Eole Rosé Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence (France / Provence) 750ml $19.99 magnum $43.99 – One of the most pretty rosés we have seen all season, and with a touch more oompf than most bottles from Provence. Ripe peach, strawberry, and tangerine on the fragrant nose and in the mouth. Pliant and seamless in texture, with a hint of white pepper adding back end lift and cut. Finishes supple and broad, with good clarity and persistence and a lingering touch of candied rose.
- Glencadem 15 year Highland Single Malt Scotch (UK / Scotland) $74.99 – On the nose, honey, ginger, grass, gooseberries, peaches, pears, and a hint of cranberry. There’s also something tropical here, like pineapple and faint coconut. The palate maintains a good dose of creaminess, both in texture and in flavor, with grapefruit, grass, honey, wild cherry, and berries.
- Bodega Martinez Lacuesta Vermouth Reserva Acacia (Spain / Rioja) $28.99 – Light medium tawny color with yellow rim; aromatic, Barolo Chinato like, chocolate, cinnamon bark, menthol, quinine nose; tasty, silky textured, quinine, cinnamon bark, herbal, dried orange palate; long finish. This is a stunning and complex aperitif or after dinner wine.
- Regan's Orange Bitters
- K and B Ginger Brew
- Belvoir Elderflower Sparkling Lemonade